After our 7-day tour of the southern desert in 2010, we are going north this time. Starting from Marrakech and going up to Fes in 6 days.
New on this trip is the season: spring. Last time was in october, and by then anything green has been burned by the relentless summer sun...or it doesn't grow at all because of the desert.
Spring should bring us green valleys and mountains through the middle and high atlas.
Picture from the tour in 2011 - copyright Brad Cairns
There are 5 of us on this tour: 3 Belgians, a Swiss and an Englishman. With Brad, our guide, that makes 6 of us which is an ideal size group.
As usual, we have been preparing and training a lot prior to departure...or at least, that was the intention. With work being hectic, and the weather being very Belgian, none of these good intentions were realised...
Well, I did go training on the bike, but I'm not sure the mud wrestling here in Belgium reflects the reality of driving in Morocco ! Watch the video below to see what I mean
By the way, the helm camera will come along on the trip too, but I'm still looking for a way to publish it on the blog via my Iphone ...

No comments:
Post a Comment